Thursday, December 11, 2008

'tis the wine of the season

 


Almost made a mistake and posted this to the Detour blog... good thing I caught that. I guess that's an occupational hazard trying to blog at 3am when I can't sleep.

In any case, this is the WINE OF THE SEASON. Not sure why, other than it goes down smooth, it's on sale, and it represents redemption. From Holy Cow. And Kung Fu Girl.

OK. So awhile ago, quite awhile ago, I ripped on Charles Smith and his Holy Cow Chardonnay. If anyone is keeping up with my ramblings they'd know to ignore all comments about white wines. I just can't help myself from putting out my two cents sometimes...

And then my long-lost best friend Amy stuck up for Mr. Charles Smith - and I gave him a shot. I saw the "Chateau Smith" at Sendiks - bought a couple bottles and brought them to girls night at Shelby's big house. Or Chateau. I'm not sure.

The 2 bottles went lickity split (how do you spell that?...).

Everyone liked it... including NON-red wine drinkers. Which, usually by-the-way should scare you off. But oddly I think this one has wide appeal. It's a Cabernet but not too CA, and not too anything else. Not sure what it is ... but it's a bit addictive ...

Chateau Smith
Cabernet Sauvignon
Columbia Valley
2006
Washington State

I just had a thought... maybe Washington and/or Oregon wines might form a "new" classification ... new old world wine?

PS Not much information on the back label... other than I shouldn't drink the bottle then operate heavy machinery.

PPS Purchased on sale for $14.99 (regularly $19.99) at the new Sendiks on Layton in Greenfield.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: