Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm Thankful for French Wine this Thanksgiving

 


Thank God for French wine...

I've been in a state of blah. Every wine I had was just not noteworthy. I felt like maybe it was over for me.

Until I decided to shop for what I really like: French wine. Especially anything from St. Emilion, or anywhere near Bordeaux. The selection is so minimal in the midwest (or maybe just Milwaukee) so I started to venture out into the Argentinian, Australia, Chile, new world wines. I thought I liked them. And I might. But not as much as the terroir du Bordeaux.

The bottle that saved me from my unfulfilling last couple months of wine drinking:

Chateau Paradis Casseuil
Domaines Baron de Rothschild (Lafite)
2006
Bordeaux

$14.99 at Cost Plus / World Market - and worth every last Franc. Or Euro. Whatever their currency is.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Chateau Paradis Casseuil is a very good wine. The price is also reasonable.

Cathy
Easy French